Crescendo X is a luxury wireless speaker featuring Bluetooth®, AirPlay, and whole-home wireless streaming with DTS® Play-Fi® technology. Under the grill, the Crescendo X includes dual audiophile quality Folded Motion™ tweeters and a 5x7-inch mid/bass woofer for a deep, extended bass response. The Crescendo X is capable of reproducing sound with unflinching accuracy, resolution, and detail—the inspiration behind every Martin Logan design.
Our dedicated in-house design and engineering team created the ultimate table-top speaker system in a sleek, compact design without compromising sound quality. Taking a "no-compromise" approach, the Crescendo features premium construction and design elements not typically found in similar speakers.
- Martin Logan has always blended Science with Art, and the Crescendo X is no exception. Designed to fit a modern decor, Martin Logan utilizes high-quality materials and finishes to give Crescendo X a furniture and artwork like appearance. The result is striking.
- The dense cabinet enclosure, wrapped in either high-gloss piano black paint or real-wood walnut veneer, floats atop a sturdy aluminum stand and looks comfortably at home in any decor where aesthetics are as important as sound quality. A cleanly integrated, front mounted control panel allows quick access to power, input and volume controls.
- For across the room control, Crescendo X includes a custom remote control built from black anodized extruded aluminum.
- At the core of the Crescendo X is an advanced 24-bit 48kHz DSP (digital signal processing) based preamplifier in conjunction with a powerful class-D closed-loop 100-watt (140-watt peak) amplifier. Crescendo X's amplifier creates powerfully detailed sound from a custom designed front-firing 5x7-inch matte black polypropylene cone woofer with extended throw drive assembly in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Low frequencies are seamlessly blended with two of Martin Logan's high-performance Folded Motion™ tweeters for an astonishing, room filling experience.
- The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
- Crescendo X is crafted with a solid MDF enclosure that strengthens and intensifies low-frequency bass performance while minimizing vibrations. To further enhance bass performance, Crescendo X features an optional subwoofer output via an analog RCA connection. This option, not typical of tabletop speaker systems, customizes the crossover between the Crescendo X and subwoofer to give true audiophiles the ability to supplement the low-frequency performance of their system.
Wireless Connectivity with DTS Play-Fi®
- Crescendo X is part of Martin Logan's Wireless Ensemble, utilizing DTS Play-Fi technology. Listeners have the freedom and flexibility to stream their high-resolution music (up to 24- bit/192kHz) wirelessly over an existing Wi-Fi network to any number of connected speakers that utilize DTS Play-Fi technology once paired with the Play-Fi App. Unlike many wireless platforms, DTS Play-Fi is an open platform, meaning listeners can mix and match any DTS Play-Fi-enabled audio products from a selection of top audio brands. Listeners can take advantage of endless choices, from their own music libraries to online music streaming services*, and they can stream their music from virtually any device – Android, iOS, Kindle Fire or PC.
Seven Input Methods Allow for Connection of Virtually Any Device:
- DTS Play-Fi – via the DTS-Play Fi app, stream audio from capable devices over a Wi-Fi network (iOS, Android, PC or Kindle Fire)
- AirPlay – connect AirPlay capable devices wirelessly (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or a computer with iTunes) to stream audio.
- Bluetooth – connect Bluetooth capable devices wirelessly to stream audio. Bluetooth V4.0 supports SBC, MP3, AAC, and apt-X®.
- Wired Ethernet – audio information can be sent over a LAN to the Crescendo using various protocols (such as AirPlay or DLNA)
- USB – connect compatible Apple devices and use the Crescendo as an audio dock and charger. The USB connection was designed to rapidly charge a variety of devices.
- Analog – any device that has an analog audio output can connect to the auxiliary analog input via a 3.5mm headphone style jack.
- Optical digital – any device that has a digital optical output can connect to the auxiliary digital input with the included mini-Toslink optical adapter (analog and digital connections share the same input).